Saturday, June 19, 2010

Familiar Nostalgia



Doubting anyone will actually read this blog- I suppose it is more therapeutic for me to have an outlet for all my excitement with music. If you know me, at some point I have busted out the ipod and tried to share some new gem of a song to you in hopes you will enjoy. I feel some how it is my purpose in life to expose good music (especially artists or bands unheard of). For now, I have blogging.

For my first post I thought I would share Familiar Trees. I heard Familiar Trees when I was 15 years old browsing through random websites. I had completely forgot about them until a few months ago when I was trying to find some good, mellow, ambient music. Familiar Trees is composed of one guy on the piano, one breathy voicetress and session musicians on guitar, percussion and bass. Their elegant ambient sound will soothe you to sleep while taking you to a zoned out dream state.

Familiar Trees-Discreet Robots
Familiar Trees- Serum








1 comment: