Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Spanish Heat


The afternoon is slowly dragging on today. I just don't care for Tuesdays. If anything, some good flamenco music is making the heat feel more like Spain and less like Los Angeles. Although I don't follow sports, news is Spain won against Portugal in one of the World Cup games- which strangely ties to my choice of music today. Biel Ballester- a guitarist and composer from Barcelona, has constantly turned hectic, stressful days into tension free days- helping me unwind from whatever is on my mind. Biel Ballester has his own band called Biel Ballester Trio that he usually performs with. Termed "Gypsy Jazz"- his bands music has been featured in one of my favorite movie soundtracks- 'Vicky Christina Barcelona' (more than appropriate for the atmosphere). End your day on a good note with Ballester's jazzy, authentic flamenco guitar while satisfying your need for some sounds of foreign culture.

Biel Ballester Trio- When I Was A Boy
Biel Ballester- Your Shining Eyes



No comments:

Post a Comment