Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sleepy Tunes


I tend to gravitate towards more instrumental music, not that I have anything against lyrics and vocalists. There are just times when no words are needed; only sounds, melodies and, instruments creating unique moods within you. Funki Porcini provides just that. Funki Porcini is a DJ and producer from the UK-signed to Ninja Tune, one of my favorite labels. Porcini produces drifty trip hop, combining jazz beats with creative sampling. I cant recommend him enough to the lovers of Bonobo (another favorite). This music is great to put on headphones and fall asleep to. What a coincidence that the tracks I provide are from the album 'Fast Asleep', which ties so perfectly into the great slumber you will experience if you put Porcini on before bed.

Funki Porcini-Back Home
Funki Porcini-Sleepy


Heres a cool video with a track from his newest album, ON.

No comments:

Post a Comment