Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Past Treasures


My fascination with history will always haunt me. Haunt me in the sense that I wish so badly that I could live in a different time. I have the constant tendency to dream that I am living in Versailles (sigh), or roaming dirt roads on horseback and wandering into saloons. My obsession with finding things completely preserved as they were from their era always draws me to museums or old towns, noticing original buildings. Unfortunately nothing is ever precisely preserved to its original state that it existed in (although some very close). I often rely on music to bring me to the past, feeding my daydreaming. I have so much old music I want to share- and there are an endless amount of musical geniuses that span back to the 1800's, but I am going to stick to a few favorites of mine from different eras- mostly jazz and classical.
Django Reinhardt-When Day Is Done
Chopin-Nocturne in B flat minor Op.9, No.1 (Performed by Ivan Moravec)
Chet Baker- But Not For Me
Francisco Tarrega- Gran Vals (Performed by David Russel)
Louis Armstrong- Body and Soul
Franz Schubert- Adagio from Piano Sonata No.19





No comments:

Post a Comment