Friday, July 30, 2010

Sounds Right on Track


So I was really excited to do a post about my favorite movie soundtracks, but realized that my number kept growing to an unmanageable amount where I do not think any sane person would want to read about or listen to them all. I have narrowed down the selection to a good 5.Now the movies may or may not be to your liking, and I will admit I did not pick these films for the purpose of being great films,but for their great soundtracks. In no particular order...

1. Amelie.
All I can say is, Yann Tiersen- what a genius. One of my favorite composers of all time. Suggested albums (not to be confused with his rock music): Goodbye Lenin, Tabarly, Le Phare, and of course the soundtrack for Amelie. Highly suggested.

Yann Tiersen-Comtine D'un Autre Ete: L'apres Midi
Yann Tiersen-La Valse D'Amelie (piano version)
Yann Tiersen-LaValse Des Monstres



2. Pulp Fiction.
Hands down my favorite movie. The soundtrack is the cherry on top.



Al Green-Lets Stay Together
Dusty Springfield-Son of a Preacher Man

3. Lost in Translation.
An eclectic mix of drone-y grunge with some good classic artists like Phoenix, Air, and Sebastian Tellier.



Air- Alone in Kyoto
Kaze Wo Atsumete-Happy End

4. Factory Girl.
An awesome collection of songs from the 50's and 60's- a nice flashback of classic rock n roll.


Johnny Kidd and The Pirates- Shakin' All Over
Count Five- Psychotic Reaction

5. Inception.
Hans Zimmer and Johnny Marr (guitarist from The Smiths) set the perfect mood for quite the epic movie. Hans Zimmer is one of the greatest composers out there for films, and though I wanted to post some of his older scoring, I could not flinch away from Inception. Insanely good.






No comments:

Post a Comment